Newsletter – October 29, 2018
- Delivering our county-wide broadband plan and bringing it to implementation. Our plan has been recognized as a practical model for rural broadband solutions. A reliable high-speed internet connection is the cornerstone to economic and community development.
- Workforce Development: working with employers, trade schools and Adult Ed to navigate our Department of Labor and Career Centers for mutual benefit.
- Engaging CMP to offer them ways on how they can ‘benefit the communities in which they work’. Should CMP be successful with their transmission line we need to ensure that there is demonstrated Public Benefit for the whole of Franklin County.
- A regional Branding and Marketing initiative that will organize and amplify the assets and experiences that our region can offer.
- A regional Arts, Cultural and Heritage plan that will measure existing assets and find synergies to strengthen these assets and identify opportunities with untapped assets.
- The Forest Opportunity Roadmap (FOR/Maine) was released in late September, discussing a vision and roadmap for Maine’s forest products sector from now to 2025. This is a very relevant report for our region. Read it here.
- Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the country. With the recent opening of the Freeman Ridge Bike Park as well as trail development efforts in Kingfield and Carrabassett Valley, there is a lot of energy right now in Franklin County to make the region a destination for the sport. Read “With new Kingfield area trails, Franklin County builds on reputation as mountain bike destination”on the Morning Sentinel.
- This November, Mainers have a historic opportunity to invest in the state’s future workforce and economic prosperity by voting Yes on Question #4 : An Investment in Maine’s Future. A portion of the bond, $8.5 million, will be invested directly in Franklin County at the University of Maine at Farmington.
Your feedback is welcome. If you want to hear more about these topics please contact me at email@example.com.
[flat_button text=”Want to receive updates like this in your inbox? Sign up for our newsletters here!” title=”Flat Button” url=”https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=001bGslkGEWJsyWeNgDbfSfA5BXobq8aQFzsn6yTc6XZN6umMo3ZUPXqR_8r88KL1c6bQhdT4hBuOp1cyJWJkS4lKluHbhP1vAVL3g2Zw_mPtc%3D” padding=”10px 20px” bg_color=”transparent” border_color=”#000000″ border_width=”1px” text_color=”#000000″ text_size=”14px” align=”left” target=”_self”]