Opportunity for Public Comment – ARPA Funding in Franklin County
Under the United States American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) of 2021, Franklin County is issued $5,870,000 in recovery funds to replace lost revenues and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The county and municipalities in Franklin County are seeking public comment on the use of the ARPA funding in our towns. To make sure your voice is heard, please fill out this form for public comment.
There will be a public meeting to discuss the use of these funds on August 5th at 6 PM at the Franklin County Courthouse.
Broadly, these funds can be spent in the following categories:
- Supporting the public health response
- Addressing negative economic impacts
- Replacing public sector revenue loss
- Premium pay for essential workers
- Water, sewer, broadband infrastructure
Funds can generally not be used for:
- Reducing taxes
- Depositing extraordinary funds into a pension account
- Certain non-federal matches
- Debt Service
- Legal Settlements
- Rainy Day Funds
- Infrastructure outside of water/sewer/broadband, or revenue loss to infrastructure projects
- General economic development or workforce development unless related to the pandemic
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback!